- We're watching clips from Star Wars and Harry Potter. If it weren't at night and the homework weren't so stupid, this would be the best class EVER.
- Also, the Star Wars movie we're watching is Phantom Menace, and the special effects are hilariously awful. [Random Fact: Phantom Menace came out the same year as Prisoner of Azkaban, the book we are reading in this class. Also, I was ten then.]
- Prof: "Let's not talk about what happens to Hedwig in the last book."
Class: *sympathetic groan of sorrow*
HAVE I MENTIONED THIS CLASS IS AWESOME?
- My next computer is definitely going to be named Remus. And my iPad (I'm waiting a year for them to work out all the kinks, but I'm totally going to have an iPad) is going to be named Spock. Because Spock and Remus would totally get along. Just saying.
- People, if you haven't finished the Harry Potter series by now, you deserve to be spoiled. Seriously, it's been three years. You should have been on that by now.
- Every time my prof brings up Sirius, I want to cry. You'd think I'd be over it by now (holy crap! it's been almost seven years), but apparently not. This also happens every time Fred turns up in the book. (I haven't read a Harry Potter book since I read Deathly Hallows when it first came out. This is what college does to you.)
- My prof just assaulted me and Edmund, demanding to know how I feel about Snape and his story arc. Awkward yet awesome.
- Prof: "Alan Rickman always plays villains." Alan Rickman doesn't play villains, he plays VERY INTERESTING PEOPLE!
- Prof: "I won't talk about what happens to Fred and George in the end."
Class: *moan of sorrow* D:
- My prof wants us to walk around campus saying, "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." I love him.
- There are people in this class who have never read PoA. How do these people exist?